BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Rabu, 26 Oktober 2011

Vanz Trancy Valentine part 2

I woke up in the middle of the night. What time was it, exactly? I tried to grabbed blindly to find my watch only to realize that I wasn't at my own house. That was simply why my bed seemed to be softer and warmer than usual.

Glancing around I caught Vanz's body sleeping next to me, as well as all our clothes that were still lying all around her bedroom. 
I giggled inwardly at her appearance. Her lips were parted slightly, her crimson red hair was messy and the lightnings were illuminating her form. She was so beautiful when she was asleep, no less than when she was awake. 
I took the first shirt I found on the ground--it was Vanz's, I didn’t even have to check (it's black, and I only have the white one), and it doesn't matter because I found out that our size was more or less the same--and put it on. I went to the window and looked out. 
It was still raining.
“What are you doing there?” A voice startled me, and when I turned around, I saw Vanz sitting on the edge of the bed, buttoning the shirt that she just put on not even ten seconds ago.
“Why aren’t you sleeping?” I answered her question with another question.
“Why aren’t you sleeping would be a better question, though. What are you doing?” 
“Thinking,” I walked closer to the bed and sat next to her.
“About what?”
“You. And other stuff,” I smiled and she laid her head on my shoulder almost immediately.
"What do you want to know, anyway?" 
I hesitate when she asked me the question. What to know anyway? Why I was invited? Well, it was a pretty goddamned question. Or why we dare to make love even though we haven't even know each other beside names? No, not a polite question, not to mention that I'm the guilty one if anyone wanted to judge.
"Why do you invite me?" I finally asked after a few more seconds of thinking.
She giggled. "Your story is undeniably interesting. I was eager to meet you in person."
"My story?"
"Yeah, the one in the newspaper."
I blinked. "You read that? I thought high class people wouldn't want to read that kind of newspaper."
"I read everything available, and that newspaper is definitely included. I even read low class books. Not to mention that some of the books' authors are better at writing and composing the stories than the high class books' authors. Most of high class authors made rubbish just because they have money to pay the production," Vanz rolled her eyes, yawning a little. "You better finish the new chapter soon, I'm dying to know the continuation."
Vanz was really something. I couldn't believe that she actually mention about those kind of topics. I silently agreed, though, most expensive books are only good at the outside.
“You know this would really look like scene from some cheesy romantic opera, we’re already sitting like this, what's left is you whisper some sweet nothings in my ear and I would giggle like a school girl in love, which I am except I'm not studying anymore,” she suddenly blurted out. 
I giggled and bent my head closer to her ear. “Sweet nothings,” I whispered.
Vanz slapped my head lightly. 
“What was that for?”
“Am I supposed to giggle at that? I hate you, really,” she faked anger, stood up and walked further away from the bed.
I grabbed her wrist and pulled her close, too quick that she was evidently surprise and fell back to the bed. I cuddled to her right away.
"Owh, I know you don't hate me," I smiled.
“Shut up and kiss me already, why else are we being this close?” 
I smirked at the words for a second and then closed the gap between us. 
"You know, if you like doing cheesy things like in the dramas, then when it's summer we could have a picnic," I said as I pulled back softly, still grinning to the kiss.
Vanz didn't look as happy. "I'm not an outdoor type of girl."
"Once wouldn't hurt," I ran my fingers through her hair. "Next summer, okay?"
“Go to sleep now,” she said with a pout and crawled to her side of the bed. I huffed at that and got under covers. I slid both of my arms around her and let her snuggled to my chest. "I need to be somewhere around six, so if you want to go home when I am not around, just go. The carriage will be ready."
"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled. "Night, Vanz."
"Night, Allois."

A week passed like eternity. Since that day, I haven't meet her again. She wasn't there when I woke up, and the butler told me that the carriage was ready. There was no sign of her at all, and I almost thought that the night was only a dream until I got another invitation.
It was a little bit different from before. It was wrapped by red envelope and golden ribbon, unlike the first plain letter. But even though the letter was luxurious unlike the first one, the contain did not change at all. It consist of only name, address and family seal.
But it was not the same address as before. I recognized it as the address of the valley outside the city.
Again, a luxurious carriage came to pick me up. Only this time, it was white horses that brought it. Without thinking twice, I went in.
Sometimes I wondered if noble people has a special ability to restrain cold. Really, because when I got of the carriage fully clothed until no skin except my face can be seen, she was wearing a simple shirt, thin jacket and these skimpy, teasing black shorts. She was all lax muscles, hands tucked in casually in the pockets of her plain windbreaker.
I noticed that Vanz looked really hot even though it was supposed to be near winter, and I couldn't help but think of how hot she would be at summer. I mean, if she wore that kind of clothes when it was this cold, how much clothes would she wear when it was extremely hot?
Well, as far as I see, Vanz hated autumn. She seem that she didn’t mind the wind much, the coldness it provided was a preferable nice contrast to the summer that it replaced but still, there were things that came along with it that made Vanz hiss like a cat dropped in a tub full of cold water.
But even if she didn't, that left the reason that she really hated being outside. Vanz seemed that she was a really indoors-ly type of girl and that being said, the rich, that hated the messy appearance of falling dead leaves and dusts, and all sleepy bugs that comes with it. That was the most logical thing crossed my mind when I saw her irritated face when she came toward me as she tried to fixed her hair that had been blown miserably by the wind.
Autumn represented untidiness and outdoor nightmare, the exact antithesis to everything that falls under the definition of Vanz Trancy Valentine.
That’s why, it made me wonder again, for the bajillionth time why she was out here, perched on a picnic mat laid out smack dab in the middle of all the beautiful August fallen leaves, flowers, bugs and wind.
"What are we doing here?" I asked as politely as I can, even though later on I found it quite rude of rushing her to the point.
"Well," she averted her gaze to somewhere else but me, "You said you want to have a picnic when summer. I won't be here that long, so I decided to do it today. The season isn't as goddamned friendly as I thought, though."
I burst out laughing at her last statement. Yeap, she definitely hate autumn too.
"So you simply wanted a date that could please me as well?"
She nodded a little.
"Why don't we just have dinner?" I raised my left eyebrow and rub two fingers, hard, over the other.
Vanz put both of her hands on her waist, face equally as irritated as my mother when I refused her invitation to join dinner with my step-father a month ago. She spoke rather bluntly, "A simple dinner would be a total boredom, and since I figure out that we'll end up on bed no matter whose place we're in, I guess your idea of going outside isn't that annoying."
I blushed and quickly turned away. But all of sudden, I saw a beautiful flower on the ground, probably the last one that hasn't rotten yet. I bowed down to pick it up.
“Look at this, Vanz, isn't it beautiful?” I asked.
And Vanz, who possessed as much romantic charm as a wet mop to everything related to this nature, simply raised an eyebrow and bluntly said, “No.”
I held up the flower next to Vanz and looked intently at the her and the flower side by side. I smirked as I said, “I guess you’re right. Next to you, they’re not beautiful at all.”
I could feel her heart skipped a beat but she made no indication of it. She allowed a smile to slip out but she rolled her eyes and shook her head. “You’re so lame.”
"Oh, but you're the one asking for it, right? Sweet nothings," I grinned widely.
"Shut up, it's getting cold here," she replied, dragging me to the carriage. "Might as well just went to your house."
"No," I said quickly, pulling her further away from the carriage. "You say it's okay. And whose fault is it that you wear something like this in autumn?"
She pouted. "It's the maid. She love it when I wear this."
“Come here. My scarf is pretty long. We can share," I pulled her into my embrace and partially unravels my scarf, reaching up to wrap it securely around her neck. 
"I don't need a mother," she groaned irritatingly. "Your scarf didn't match with my outfit."
“You know, I think it looks cute on you. We can ask my mother to knit you one. How about with pink hearts?” 
Vanz snorted. “Sure, if I can strangle the two of you with it. Pink hearts… Honestly…”
"Pink hearts aren't that bad," I told her sincerely, smiling.
I was not sure what takes over her, but she suddenly grasps hold of my hand before I can pull away and places both hand on chest, reminiscent of drama scene. Only this time, she didn't ask me to say any cheesy lines. 
"I…” I began, trying to untangle my tongue and say something that would make the awkwardness gone, but at that moment, either something has finally clicked in my mind or I was snapped, because she cuts me off by pressing our lips together, rendering my mind completely blank, but for a blissful haze that not even a blizzard could penetrate.
The feelings of last time fill in again. The kiss was short and sweet, but I learnt more in those few suspended seconds than he would in months by her side. In those few seconds, this becomes more than just a shopping trip, and I realized he wasn’t the only one wishing after all. 

0 comments: