BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Kamis, 06 Oktober 2011

Imaginary Notes part 13

"It's been a tiring day!" Lizzy cried aloud, jumping to the bed.
"Are you going to sleep already? We are here to stay late, hello?" Grimsby rolled his eyes, complaining.
Sebastian laughed at the two, Reo was already into his game world, James was sitting on the bed--reading something weird, and Vanz was feeding Fluffy.
"Let's do some kind of heart-to-heart talking, then!" Lizzy suggested. "It won't take much energy but it would be fun!"
Everyone quickly agreed.
"I'll start, listen. I'm Lizzy Daneshvari. I was born in Paris--I went here when I was about six or seven--fifteen years old. I have asthma and I play guitar. Yeah, I can sing, but I'm not really that great," Lizzy said. "Who's next?"
James raised his hand and started immediately. "James Viguie. I was born here, I'm fourteen this year. I could play like every single instrument in orchestra--like cello, violin, double bass, saxophone, French horn, even the tuba--except piano."
"I'm Sebastian Mezuella, as you all know. Was born Seoul Nohwon, mom was on a holiday with dad, so there's the place I was born... And... What else? Ah, fifteen, as Lizzy, and I could play the piano. I don't think I have any kind of illness, but I do have bad arrangement of having meals."
"Grimsby Lippman's the name. I'm the strong man in this band, as everyone know I am."
"The best bad boy in the band," Lizzy interrupted, earning a nice death-glare from him.
"Born in Brazil," Grimsby continued, "Sixteen. I love playing drum and other percussion instrument."
"Reo Mezuella, Sebas' little brother. Not too far from brother's place, I was born in Mudanjiang, Hei Long Jiang. Same reason. I got asthma and some kind of digestion problem. Fourteen years old and I hold drum and bass."
"Then... My name is Vanz Valentine. I was born in Mokpo, Korea, but I got my papers of birth at Goyangshi NeungGok. Mom and dad were doing a little Asia Tour that time. I'm sixteen... I have asthma and pneumothorax. I can play piano, saxophone and any woodwind."
"Pneumothorax? Are you sure you're not dead yet?" James raised his eyebrows. "Chest tube or somethin'? You gotta be kidding me."
"Apparently not!" Vanz lose a little bit of her patience because James did not speak formally to her. "Manners!"
"Sorry, Senior Vanz," James replied, a little bit aback just like everybody else.
"But really, Vanz, you should do some check up with your personalities," Grimsby patted her shoulder softly, sighing a little.
Vanz grinded her teeth. "Well, God's fair. I got the looks, brain and knowledge. My bad temper over informalities is more than accepted."
Sebastian hugged her from the back. "Well, you're not mad around me, right, Vanz?"
"You're a little exception," Vanz replied.

Three days passed with an unimaginable experience, and all they need to do was stay for another day and go home.
Vanz met her father one more time before separating again.
"So... I’m leaving tomorrow. Take care, dad," Vanz smiled, hugging her father closely.
"I will, you too," he said, and then he hold her hands. "Before you go... Please answer me honestly."
Vanz tilted her head a little. "What?"
"Do you... Love him?"
"Who?"
"Sebastian."
"No."
Her father tightened his grip on her hands and asked again. "Do you?"
"Dad, stop this," Vanz sighed heavily.
"We need to talk about this. I know you don't really believe in sort thing called love, but you need to be honest. Do you feel that your heartbeat fasten when you're with him? Do you feel happy when he smiles?"
"Dad..."
"Do you feel depressed when you're not with him?"
The last question hit her directly, like the main bomb that destroyed her defense completely. It had never been expected, not that question. It was simply a statement, something that she could never deny.
With shaking hands, she finally managed to answer.
"Yeah."

That night, Vanz slept in the master bedroom once belong to her mother despite having put up a fairly impressive argument on why she should sleep in her own room with her father.
She sat in her music room; score sheets sprawled all over the table. She put her pencil down and heaved a sigh of frustration. Why was it so difficult to get the melody and lyrics out this time? It came with relative ease the last time she wrote a song.
She leaned back and closed her eyes, fist on her forehead.
Images flashed through Vanz’s head, one after another.
That pretty face, that pout, that wrinkling of the nose and that shy smile from the first time she met Sebastian.
「 Imaginary Note 」
The lyrics flew off her pencil as if she had thought of them long ago and the melody, it sang like they had been at the tip of her finger tips all the long.
Vanz’s mind was a mess.
Love did not exist. After what happened to her mother, she never believe it exist. What exist in the world were frustration, tears and pain. Love didn’t exist. This is just a fleeting infatuation.
But her heart, it only has one answer.
This is love, Vanz…

It was close to 4am when she was finally satisfied with her work. With a cup of water in her hand, she unconsciously walked to the her bedroom only to stop at the doorway at the sight of her friends in her bed.
And that certain someone.
The melody from earlier on played in her head and the lyrics made her feel all warm inside. Every word, every note had traced of Sebastian in them and Vanz liked it that way. She leaned against the doorway as questions ran through her head. She had never thought she would have believed in love all over again.
Ridiculous, she thought.
But it was also very real, her heart told her.
The flower boy would not know her feelings.
There was not a need for him to know, Vanz reasoned out aloud, a tinge of sadness in her voice.
But she was satisfied like this, even if Sebastian would only be with her for a short time.
When was the last time she smiled like this?
When was the last time she could not stop thinking of that one person?
When was the last time she threw all doubts and reason away for a person?
When was the last time she gave her heart away?
When was the last time she followed her heart instead of her head?
And when was the last time she really loved?
If this the effect angels have on mortals, she never wanted him to leave.
If this is a dream, she never wanted to wake up.
If she was going insane, she’d gladly embrace this insanity.
After all, she couldn't fight with her heart, could she? Vanz sighed in defeat as she headed back to the music room.

Vanz was almost done finishing the notes of her song when Sebastian appeared in the music room.
"What are you doing this early?" He asked, and Vanz took a quick glance at the clock. 5.28 in the morning.
"I wrote a song," Vanz answered softly, smiling at him. "Kinda like our new theme song. What do you think?"
Sebastian smiled and walked toward the piano, “Want me to look for the notes and keys?”
“That would be helpful!” Vanz grinned, allowed him to sat beside her.
“Okay, sing it.”
Vanz sang it amazingly from the start. He focused himself to listen carefully as Vanz’s vocal lingering on his ears. He can’t control himself but to smile and smile as how he think this girl can be compared to a monster-eating human when angry, but on the other side of it, she has a pure warm voice that made your heart melts when you hear it. Sebastian didn’t expect it to be so nice, especially at the highest pitch of the song. And now, he was totally surprised in amazement as how the other one sounds really great. He never really paid attention, but now he realized that she was like a professional singer.
“So!” Vanz finished her song, “I believe you could start looking for the keys now, and you bett—”
Sebastian interrupted and rose his finger, informing her to be quiet. "A couple rules I have when I am playing the piano, this applies to everyone and everywhere, and they respect my rules. One, don't talk to me when I'm playing, I get very distracted. Two, don't touch the keys when I'm playing, that make me really mad. Three- "
"Geez... Is there any more?" she smirked in a whiny tone.
He grimaced at her. "Well, there was only three, but there are a couple rules that I'm adding that only apply to you."
"What?"
"The 3rd rule that applies to everyone is, don't make too much noise when I'm playing, otherwise it's hard to concentrate. Now, we moved on to you...”
“That’s not fair!” Vanz said.
“It is to me. Do not, ever, call me flower boy or cute when I play, because I’ll definitely stop playing,” he said, and Vanz could just nod at the silly request.
Beautiful music soon filled the room, dynamics and everything interpreting so much feeling with exactly the same keys and notes as what she sang. She looked at him. He looked like an angel playing the piano. He even had a bit of an aura around him when he was fingers flitted magically across the keys. And like a robot, once she heard that song played, she quickly record it.
The music last for five minutes before he ended it instantly before the song really end because Vanz commented.
“That’s cute—wait! Why do you stop... Ah, the rule! Sorry!” Vanz apologized quickly.
Sebastian rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. We better hurry, it’s 6 already. I need to pack.”
“Wait!”
“Hm?”
“Chris will pack it for you! You’ll accompany me, come on!”

0 comments: