BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Kamis, 06 Oktober 2011

The Selfish Prince part 12

The day come. It was not a great thing to know that Phelps have been planning on the decoration himself for the engagement party. Vanz already used to the fact that Phelps always want to be involve in everything. But what kill her inside wasn't the fact that she could not help him. She would reject him.
Now.
Vanz sat on the bench, watching the view of the garden just when Ian walked toward her with a luxurious golden dress.
"Princess," he bowed deeply, "Prince Phelps wish to have you wearing this gown for the engagement party."
"No," Vanz quickly get up and made his stop bowing, "Don't bow! You're my very best friend! I won't let our status get rid of our friendship!"
Ian, again, smiled bitterly. "But you deserve the title. You are beautiful, talented, and engage to a prince. Who am I to a princess like you?"
Vanz sighed as she took his hand. "You are my best friend, and nothing's gonna change that." She made him sit on the bench with her and relaxed her body. "Besides... I'm not going to be engage."
Ian widened his eyes. "No way, V, don't tell me you're going to..."
"Yeah, I will," Vanz crunched her eyes as if she was saying something painful. "I do not love him, Ian, I just don't. He was nice to me, too nice to imagine, but I just do not love him. Everytime I have fun with him, I do like it, but I was imagining someone that is not him. I felt guilty."
"Oh, V, you're..." Her bestfriend quickly hold her hand tight. "You fell for someone else?"
Vanz laughed bitterly, trying to hold on tears that filled her eyes but end up crying. "I..."
"You love Sebastian, don't you?"
The voice was unimaginably calm, but pity as well.
They turned around to see who is it.
Phelps Keen.
Vanz looked at the broken man in front of her and guilty feelings run toward her. "I... I..." Her voice was trembling, and she could not make up words to say.
"It's okay, I know it since the start. And if you’re scared, don’t worry because I’m not Sebastian," Phelps grinned at her. He leaned down and kiss her forehead. "Don't cry, I'm not really serious on this since the start, anyway, because I know you love him." He leaned lower to her ears and whispered, "He loves you too."
Vanz broke to tears even more. "I'm sorry."
He wiped her tears and smiled. "I'm fine, don't worry. You don't need to apologize. It's you I'm worried about. What will you do after this?"
The girl get quiet for a moment. She wiped her tears and raised her head with a smile. "I'm going to smile in his wedding."
The answer shocked both of the men.
“You need to tell him, Vanz, or you’ll be sorry forever,” Phelps said. “You should not cover love forever. You need to tell him.”
Vanz nodded in pain.
Phelps smiled to see the answer. "Fine, then, I'll meet you there." And so he left.

Phelps could not imagine how hurt the pain damage him. He was so into the engagement, and even if it's just a little, he was hanging his hope for the little percentage of her falling for him. That was the biggest mistake ever. And now that he knew it was not going to happen, things did not go as he planned. Far away from his calculation, he had planted a big hope, and it crushed within a minute.
He had gone to far.
He love her.
He'll regret it.
"You, happy guy, what's up?" Leonard suddenly showed up on the end of the footpath. When he saw the expression in Phelps' face, he change the question, "What happened?"
"Nothing," Phelps smiled lifelessly. "It's just... She reject it."
"Reject what?" Leonard was confused, but after a long silence he widened his eyes and hold his hands tight. "She did that to you?!"
The other boy nodded. "It's not her fault. She cried in front of me when saying that."
A few pitiful moments of tears falling out of Phelps' eyes filled the day. As far as Leonard remember, Phelps had not cried again after his favorite lovable dog died seven years ago. Phelps was not the kind of person that cry easily. He was tough and cool, and he was always showing his great side, even to Leonard. So this was so painful even for Phelps to handle.
"I'm sorry, I'm so stupid," He laughed helplessly, "I shouldn't have cried."
Leonard took his hands and looked at him deeply. "No, you're not stupid." And with that he leaned down and kiss him.

The day was pretty nice and Sebastian did not want to stay longer with Sharon, since later on that day he need to try the wedding dress with her and he was tired of her existance.
Just when he thought so, he saw Vanz, sitting on the ground, looking to the sky. He sighed.
“What are you doing here?” he asked.
Vanz turned around and seemed surprised. She fidgeted in her position. How was she going to tell him her feelings? He will be married in another 20 hours.
This is stupid.
“Sebastian... I love you.” She looked away quickly, didn’t dare to meet his eyes. From the corner of her eyes, she could clearly see his shocked and bewildered face. He’s going to reject her. Vanz was sure of it.
On the other hand, Sebastian was completely taken aback. It was true, what Phelps said to him. Why at this moment she realized it?
Sorry, he thought. Even though she confessed it now, it was all too late to change anything. Stupid! Stupid! He love her, she love him, but both of them can’t change anything!
After making sure his voice was steady, he answered, “What? You love me?” He tried to keep his voice as cold as possible, trying not to give any hope to the girl. “Since when a slave love her master? Stupid.”
“But Phelps said I’m no longer a servant...”
Slap.
“So what if you’re not? You’re a worthless piece of shit. Accept that, no one wants you! Even your mother did not do anything when you say you want to stay! Get a life! Don’t disturb mine!” He shouted as he delivered another stinging slap to her cheek and gave a kick to her stomach.
Vanz could not stop trembling. She burst to tears. She tried her best not to get too sad. But she couldn’t stop the tears. She tried to stop herself from letting out so much emotion. But her heart wouldn’t let her to stop. She felt way too dejected. Too lonely. Too rejected. Her legs numbed and she lost her support. She fell onto her knees as she doubled over in pain. Both inside and out. She clutched tightly at the grass below her.
“I’m sorry... Sorry...”
Her eyes started to hurt and her lips trembled uncontrollably. “I’m sorry…” She said again as she picked herself up from the ground. Her feet were wobbly and she could hardly stand up straight. She looked away from him. “I’m sorry I’m so stupid. You’re getting married soon! I should be happy with it. You hate me that much, so... I guess I’ll just disappear from your sight.”
The prince look at her. Vanz forced a smile on her face.
“Bye.”

Sebastian walked to the changing room as he re-think about what happened before. He could not believe how cruel he was that he even do harmful things to her.
But she was engaged! And he himself will be married!
They could not possibly be together...

Far on the other side of the castle, right at the garden, Ian was watering the flowers. He loved it when he was here, because he would feel the peace and steadiness of the place.
He started to sung a song and danced to the rythme.
He looked around happily before he saw a very unimaginable view that he never even imagine in his wildest dream. If he could literally drop his jaw, he will.
“What the hell?!”

Meanwhile, Sebastian and Sharon were trying on their wedding clothes. Sebastian took no participation on it, but contrast to him, Sharon seemed to control everything in their preparation to the wedding.
“This one should be white!” She commanded. “No, you moron, it should be this flower!” Again, her voice. “Stop doing things in the wrong way!”
Hours passed and the dress finally done, and Sebastian quickly collapsed to the chair in exhaustion. Sharon stormed to his side, and as soon as the servants left, she leaned her head onto his shoulder.
“Say, dear Sebastian,” she hugged him softly, “What if we go to the bedroom now?”
Sebastian rolled his eyes. He was not that stupid that he didn’t know what she was up to. He stood up and the will to relax suddenly gone.
“Dear Sebastian...” She whispered seductively into his ear.
He tried to get further away but she held him down by pulling his hand. “Dear Sebastian, don’t you want me?”
“No, I don’t.” Sebastian replied coldly.
“I don’t care, you’re mine,” Sharon said strictly, “You’re my fiancee. Sooner or later, you need to be there to pleasure me. Isn’t that clear enough that you’re going to marry me tomorrow?”
Sebastian got to his nerve. He suppressed his urge to scream in frustration. In another 24 hours he would be married to this egoistic, annoying, arrogant, selfish woman standing in front of him. He pulled his hand off her’s roughly and cried, “You friggin bastard! Stop it! When I say I don’t want you, I do mean I don’t want you! Isn’t that clearer?! Why the fucking hell can’t you understand?!”
He slammed the door.
“Sebastian Keen, you bastard!”

Sebastian was pretty much annoyed. He couldn't wait to tell his older brother everything. He opened his brother's room and his jaw dropped suddenly.
"What are you two... Cover up!" The youngest prince turned around quickly, covering his face with both of his hand.
Phelps, under Leonard, on bed, topless!
"Fine," came the reply from Leonard. "Come on, Phelps, put on your clothes again. Little brother come to visit."
Another voice take over. "Yeah, yeah."
"Done?" Sebastian asked.
"Done."
Sebastian turned around and glared at the other two. Phelps was sitting cutely on the bed and Leonard was standing, streching both of his hand.
"What are you two guys doing?!" He cried aloud.
"What do you think we're doing?" Phelps asked him with an innocent look.
Sebastian exploded. "YOU JUST DID SOME X-RATED THING AND YOU GAVE ME THAT INNOCENT LOOK?!!"
"Shhh..." Leonard put a finger on Sebastian's lips. "Stay calm, Sebastian, you don't want the whole palace to know about this, right?"
The other party rolled his eyes.
"Make that minus, Leo," Phelps said as he yawned, pointing at the open door.
Ian was standing there too, behind Sebastian all the time, eyes wide open in shock. On his hand were two pieces of tuxedo that clearly will fall in any minute.
Sebastian sighed, taking the clothes away from him before it fall. "Close your eyes, Ian. I don’t want your innocent eyes to get scarred by these two crazy boy.”
Phelps smirked. “His eyes aren’t that innocent, Sebastian.”
His little brother’s mouth dropped open. “What exactly do you mean by that?”
Leonard pretended to shudder, “Unfortunately he have walked in to us more than one occasion. He got us when we're in bathroom and garden.”
Sebastian widened his eyes, looking back to Phelps with the aura of What-Are-You-Two-Doing-All-This-Time.
"Chill, that wasn't my fault! We're doing nothing at the bathroom, you know I'm not that crazy-ass-bitch! We didn't do anything at the garden too! And about what happen now, Leo broke in when I change my clothes!" He said as he pointed to Leonard. "And then you come, and... You should've knock!" His face was getting redder.
Leonard smirked as he walked back to him, wrapping his hands gently over Phelps. "Oh, but you enjoy it..."
"Stop doing that when I'm around please... You're damaging my eyes," Sebastian said weakly.
Not too different from Sebastian, Ian was shaking, haltingly said, "I... I think I'd better go... It's... Your tuxedo... I... Will leave it here..." He quickly ran outside, bumped to the wall several time before he was out of the corridor.
"I think he's tad traumatized..." Phelps said slowly.
"Who cares?" Leonard said as he put a peck on his lips, making Phelps blush and smile shyly.
"Damn you two, I said stop doing that in front of my poor eyes! You, Phelps! Since when you get over Vanz?! You got an engagement party tonight!" Sebastian cried in annoyance.
Leonard jumped to the bed and sighed as he pulled Phelps with him. "Vanz broke the engagement."
That was the most surprising thing ever happen in Sebastian's life. "She what?"
"Broke the engagement. Isn't it enough to say it once? Are you deaf or something?" Leonard sighed. "She said she couldn't do it. She saw you everytime Phelps do something romantic to her, holding hands, kiss..."
"You kiss her?!" Sebastian yelled.
"You never say I couldn't! She's not yours!" Phelps defends himself, clinging to Leonard even more. "Beside, I should be the one angry now. Because of your image, my perfect engagement becomes a mess. She only loves you, for god sake! Consider it as a sign from god or something!"
Sebastian exhaled breath hard, and then said, "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Just continue your We're-Doing-Nothing-Stuff before I come here. I need to get the hell out of here." He closed the door quickly and sighed again.
The name spins on his head. Vanz, Vanz, Vanz. Why couldn't he just forget the name and do his own marriage? He had dumped her, and now he keep wanting her back?
You moron! You’re the worthless piece of shit!
He walked down the stairs and went straight to the wine storage. His eyes widened when his gaze met Vanz’s, who was standing in front of the wines storage.
Vanz looked at him lifelessly in shocked, and it brought Sebastian aback. He was indeed a very stupid man.
Sebastian knew exactly what inside Vanz’s mind. She was scared as hell that he would do something bad again once he saw her. He put on expressionless face and said, “I’m here for wine, do you have one?”
The girl sighed in relief, and took one of the best wine. “This one is quite good, but the alcohol is quite cruel...”
The prince grin goes wider and he asked something that she definitely wouldn’t deny. “Will you drink with me?”

Later that night everyone else had gone to bed already, only Sebastian and Vanz left in the mini theater with the TV screen changing colors while pictures hastily changed on the screen. They hadn’t said a word to each other since they drank the third glass of wine few minutes before.
They just sat on the couch, their bodies slightly leaning against each other while they silently stared at the vivid screen. Sebastian smiled contentedly while his fingers slowly stroked over the side of Vanz’s arm.
“Thanks for accompanying me drinking…” the older one turned his head and looked at the other one with a gentle smile.
Vanz returned the smile softly, a slight of sadness reflected in her eyes. She stopped and stared at him for a minute or two. “Are you drunk?” She asked.
Sebastian knew this game. And he knew what he had to answer correctly to get things rolling. “Hmm. You, too, right?”
The girl nodded slowly. It wasn’t long until Sebastian pretend to be drunk by laughing slowly.
“I love you,” the girl muttered, soon followed by the same response as the night before. “But you hate me, as I said before.”
So now that she was convinced that he was drunk, it didn’t take him long to kiss the other party, tongue fighting for dominance.
They parted and Vanz keep her mouth sealed, now gaining some self-awareness. Still with a smirk, Sebastian grabbing Vanz’s nape and dragged her mouth to open mouthed kiss.
Vanz tried to resist it at first, cause they are in a public area. The prince tried to coax open his partner mouth which being refused. She tried to let go that sinful mouth, “No... We can’t… Tomorrow...”
Sebastian grunted and put his lips back again, this time he succeed putting in his tongue into her mouth. He grabbed both of Vanz’s hands and slammed her body to the door surface.
He continued his assault from her thin ear to her white nape. Vanz already had difficulty to suppress her moan, her breath had come in irregular pattern and her eyelids had becoming heavy to be opened. At this rate they might do something worse than a kiss.
The girl quickly pulled herself out from the kiss, feeling tears flowing out of her eyes. “Sebastian... We can’t... I... I’m sorry. You had dumped me... I had promised that I would get out of your sight... You’re going to marry tomorrow... You’re drunk... And I’m not drunk... I’m sorry!”
She ran out of the room, crying in pain.
A sin... And unfortunately, it became her favorite sin. She could not do it. She really mustn’t. She used him. She did not have the right to do so.
She ran to her room and slammed the door, and without minding her dirty clothes, she threw herself to the bed. She can’t. She definitely can’t do it, she didn’t have the heart to be so cruel and selfish.
He did not love her.
He hate her.
Vanz trembled, she could not stop shaking. “I’m sorry...”
Her voice become unimaginably out of control, crying like crazy, and sometimes coughed. She realized that she had been so hurt, both physically and mentally.
Her stomach hurt and she coughed blood sometimes.
But she didn’t stop saying it.
“I love you, Sebastian...”
And a stupid idea popped out of her mind. “Mom.”

0 comments: