BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sabtu, 17 Desember 2011

Forever Love

This is a project story actually...
For my school... Hhaha...
Enjoy, enjoy! ^^




That night was the first thing Sebastian would ever remember in his life. That night was the opening moment in time that created him... It was the very last memory that will remain in his heart. The love that will remain forever until the last day of his life.

It was a windy Monday night on April 17, when all the people in London was resting for the tomorrow’s plan. It was sure a quiet night, but it seems that not all of them were asleep.

“Ha. What a bunch of lie.”

Crystalline blue eyes narrowed in annoyance. A young little girl who could not be older than a late teenager could rub two fingers over her left eyebrows, with a very hopeful face. “Why wouldn’t you believe me? I said I was going to die in a month.”

“Well, come on! Who would?” The young boy with hair the color of midnight skies and eyes color of the deepest part of the sea wrinkled his eyebrows. “And if it’s true, how come that your parents let you go?”

“I don’t have one.”

The boy has doubt in his eyes. “What happened to your parents, little one? You don’t have much time living with them because of your attitude of running away?”

“Watch your language,” the girl said, “I’m not even living with them once.”

“Child. Let me see your brain; your brain maybe twisted.” He said as he came toward her and put his hands on her head.

The young girl glared. Something that was rare—in fact, none of people in that town dares to do that. “Get your hands off me, young man...”

“You’re also young, little one,” he stated the fact, “So; let’s just say I believe in you, then what?”

“I need place to stay until I die,” she said.

The boy’s eyes stretched to twice their normal size when he heard that sentence. “So you want to die here? Then what should I do after you die? Buy a grave?”

“I don’t expect you to do that far,” she said with her innocence face, “To put my body into the lake near here is more than fine.”

“Wait a minute! People will think that I kill you!” he said.

“I think so, if you don’t bury me properly,” she just said straight to the point. “But I can leave before I die. Just give me place to stay, okay? At least for one week?”

He thinks hardly and answered slowly, “Fine.”

“So? Your name is?” she asked.

“I am Sebastian. Nice to meet you.”

She smiled slowly and replied. “I’m Valentine. Nice to meet you too.”



“So, what’s your job?” Sebastian asked. Sebastian stared at Valentine. Valentine evenly stared back at him. What a question he would regret.

“I’m kinda like helper for the one who keep me as pet,” she unbelievably answered.

“Seriously, a pet?” Sebastian could not believe what she said. “And you didn’t even seem to complain about it?”

“Well, as far as I know, the person that lives under the circumstances of my master feel fear and miserable. He is kinda too harsh. How about you?”

Sebastian lowered his head. “I’m a dancer,” he answered after a brief pause, staring at the innocence little girl in front of him in half amusement and half displeasure. “Candidate, actually. It will never happen. My father did not let me to. He forces me to become a doctor.”

“So, you’re not free?” She leisurely asked, looking at Sebastian with confusion.

Not free? “Well, maybe it is so,” he informed her, unsure. “Ah, here we are. This is my room. I can not actually have a place for you to stay, but...”

Valentine’s ears picked up the sound of footsteps moving away from her, and she lifted her head up to look at Sebastian. “Hey, where are you going?”

“You can sleep on my bed,” Sebastian said, opening up the closet to produce bedding and a blanket. “I'm fine on the floor.”

Sebastian paused when he felt someone grabbed his hand. Turning around, he gave a glare to Valentine. “What else?”

“Hey, I'm cool sleeping together. We're both humans, aren’t we?” she grins.

“I don’t sleep with other people,” Sebastian said quickly. “Besides... Don’t you know the fact about, you know, boy and girl sleeping together?”

She gathered up her legs closer to her body and turned her head away to think. Then she looked at Sebastian with a confused face. “Never heard of it, I think.”

Sebastian sighed. “Never mind, little one. However, I shall sleep on the floor for our safety. Your safety—for detail.”

“Alright—don’t blame me if anything happen,” Valentine smiled.

“Just in case... You are not to leave this room unless I am with you. And thus, never tell your name to anyone except I told you so.”

“Okay, Sebastian. Whoa, wait... Am I annoying?” she asked with a hopeful face. “This is the first time I made friends with anyone, so... Well, I’m rather nervous.”

Sebastian was speechless. He silently shocked, scooped Valentine up into his arms and put her on the bed. “Night, Valentine.” Strange. She had proven herself the most unattractive person to share bedroom with. Somehow, it felt very comforting to hold this little girl in his arms just like that.

As he lay on the floor, he heard her whispered slowly, “Good night.”



“Sebastian? Sebastian?”

A soft voice woke Sebastian from his deepest dream. In front of him was a girl that he just knew yesterday. He realized that it was not in his dream and he stood up quickly. “Yes?”

Valentine smiled and hurriedly stood too. “It was bright outside. Can we play anything? I mean like, well, do you want to see who can run faster? It's boring just sitting around here like this, right?”

“But we haven’t eaten yet, right, little one?” Sebastian rubbed his eyes. He instantly sits on the bed, yawning hard.

“Ah, yes! I made this for you. A soup and fried rice.” Valentine's smile widened and she started to crawl toward with a spoonful of fried rice. “Open your mouth—say ‘a’...”

Sebastian stood up from the bed, knocking Valentine off balance and causing them both to fall back onto the floor. She fell right on Sebastian. Sebastian, who cushioned Valentine's fall by landing on the floor first, cried out. “Ouch! That hurts!”

“Ah, sorry,” she instantly jumped out from the bed. “Hey, eat the breakfast! Come on!”

She finally ends up feeding him with the fried rice like some kind of wife.

“Let’s race! It was late for anything more, anyway.” She abruptly winked, turned, and started to run.

“Valentine, wait up! You just cheat!” Sebastian cried, but without any real malevolence. He let a hint of smile to slip as well before he ran after her. It was long time after Sebastian ever felt of being not alone, or laugh, or angry, it just felt not the same.

After spending the whole day running after her and miss lunch, he still could not catch her. He finally gave up and Valentine stopped running. In one second, she was gone!

“That girl...”



“Ouch!” Valentine scream. It was the bad time for her to shout aloud, but she just met this cute man—and he looked just in time to see Valentine slipping on the smooth wooden floor and slide across the hallway, straight towards him. “Sorry! I’m terribly sorry!”

The man smiled. “Oh, its okay,” he paused for a minute, “I’m James—Sebastian’s teacher. I never see you around before.”

“I’m his newest friend,” she smiled. “Ouch, man, that hurts a lot!”

James smiled. “Let’s go to the medical room. I’ll fix your ankle.”



“You really are naughty,” James said. His words were stern, but there was such a genuine kindness and fondness in his eyes that Valentine could not help but grin back at him.

“Think so. Well, it is kinda too much, huh? I rarely twist my ankle—except when I was 10. It was an Olympiad and one of the contestant try to cheat by pushing me out of the line. I still won, though, with a twisted ankle and a little crack on my left hand.”

James laughs. “Well—I found you interesting...”

“Thank you,” Valentine smiled.

There was a soft knock on the door, then the door gently slid aside and Sebastian stepped into the room. “I think I will be a little late in my lessons today. I cannot find my friend, and I'm afraid I must find her before—"

"—she gets into a mischief, like twisting her ankle?" James finished, smiling.

Sebastian glared and carried Valentine away directly. “Come here. You really troubled me! Don’t you know how long I’ve been searching for you?!”

James uneasily watch Sebastian’s act in front of Valentine. It was strange. Normally Sebastian was as emotional as a piece of brick. His eyes keep watching until they both vanished at the corner of the door.



“But I won?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, yeah, you won,” Sebastian agreed, exhausted. “You know—despite the fact that I was so angry—how do you learn all that stuff? I mean, running like that would be hard if you don’t do practice.”

The blue eyes staring at him. “Well, I love running,” she said. Her expression was in sudden visibly pale. “I have great technique on running, and I have plenty of teachers to teach me how; since I don’t have any friend.”

“No friend at all?” Sebastian asked with confusion.

“Well, not every people want to, and almost all were too scared to. Who wants to play with someone who doesn’t have any parents?” She seems forcing herself to smile. “I mean, you have been my friend for one and a half day. What is it like to be with me?”

"Well, to think of furthermore, it feels like I have a wife. Why don't you just become my bride?" After he said that without thinking, Sebastian immediately regretted it. He said it in such a serious way that he could not even say that it was only a joke.

Nevertheless, gratefully, she also thought it was a bad idea. She laughed after hearing that, making a silly impression in her face. “Whoa, that’s bad. I am not the typical of person that willing to take that responsibility. You are a good man, after all. You will surely find someone worth it more than me soon. Beside, who would marry a girl that will die in a month?”

They both know it was not a good topic to discuss, so Sebastian quickly changes the topic. “So, what do you want for dinner?” he asked.

“Anything’s great,” Valentine replied softly. “I’ll be in your room then.” She wave as she walked to his room.

Sebastian quickly took two plates of fried rice and run to his room. He did not want to make bad impression if his father saw what he did. He entered the bedroom and gave the plate to Valentine. However, something bothered him. She seems exhausted, and she looked in pale.

“Are you okay, Valentine?” he asked.

“Yeah, just a bit tired,” she said. “Can I just go right to bed?”

Sebastian nodded. He again carries that small body and put her on the bed, and covers her with blanket. “Sleep well, Valentine.”

“You too.”



The next day Valentine had already cured from whatever wrong with her, so Sebastian decided to take her to the backyard and they chat a lot. That day, they taught each other about their ability. Valentine taught him how to run quickly and how to do the simple modern dance, while Sebastian taught her how to climb a tree and cook.

Valentine was not a typical of person that willing to try to be ideal wife, because she hardly can cook even instant noodle. She said that is just too hard, and she would be willing to pay for servants instead.

For Sebastian, learning modern dance from a girl was not as easy as he thought it would be either. She seems quite impatience with his progress and scolded him without mercy.

The day after, they took all day baking a cake for Sebastian’s father; because Valentine said it would tighten their relationship. They also bought clothes for Valentine.

The cake finally done, and Sebastian’s father seems to like it a lot. Nevertheless, he didn’t like the way they made the kitchen messy, so at the end they had to stay awake all night to clean up the mess they spread in the kitchen.

Friday, they made a campfire at the backyard. They also built a tent, and wore the camp uniform that they bought yesterday. It was a hard job, but it was fun and they both have a great time.

Saturday morning, Sebastian carried her on his arm; walking around the town. Since she complained of leg hurts early this morning, Sebastian had been acting like she was made out of glass and refused to let her so much as lift a finger.

Giving up on trying convincing the stubborn Sebastian that she was capable of mobility, Valentine sighed and rested her head against Sebastian's chest.

Sebastian felt the tension drain out of his body, and his eyes accordingly softened. He adjusted his grip on Valentine's body so that she would be resting more comfortably against his chest. He recognized something unusual. This was more than a friendship he felt.

“Hey, Sebastian. I wonder what it like is to have parents, can you tell me something about it?” she begged. “Did they always read you a story before you sleep? Did they piggyback you every time you felt tired? Did they always there when you need them?”

Personally, Sebastian was not very willing to tell anyone about his family, but since she was the first person that made him happy for the pass 13 years, he agreed to tell her his own opinion. “Well, it wasn’t that great. My father barely has time with me, so we did not have time to have a normal conversation like what you, little one, and I did all this time. He also never heard of what I like, so I did not really like him. Guess my impression about parents isn’t good.”

Valentine looked at him with a smile. “But at least you have one to care about what you should get for your life in the future. He knows the best for you, so you don’t have to be that negative.”

Sebastian lowered his head. “Yeah, maybe I’m just too over.”

The little girl giggles and said, “I like you when you act like a good kid. Your future wife must be so proud of you.”

Sebastian felt something more than just a thought when he heard her say that. He felt something for her. Whatever it is, it was more than anything ever happened in world, as long as he concern. “Impossible,” commented, “It’s very impossible for me to have a wife. I don’t even like being touched by anyone.”

“And yet you refuse to put me down?” She teased him. “You lie, Sebastian.”

“No, I’m not lying, little one,” he grin, “I just don’t like it. I always ended up hurt when people try to get close.” He hesitated, and then he added, “I don't mind your touches because I know you wouldn't hurt me.”

Fleeting look of shock crossed over Valentine's expressive face, and then the small face filled with pleasure. "So Valentine's special?"

“I don’t say that either!” Sebastian snapped. His face was as red as tomato now. “I mean, well, you’re different, so... Well...”

Whatever other venomous words Sebastian had been planning to spit out, he never got to it because Valentine had lightly kissed his cheek. Somehow, the kiss on the cheek that Valentine gave him voluntarily embarrassed him even more than the word he had said.

She looks at him and stare for a minute, then commented cheerfully, “Ah, Sebastian blush!”

Sebastian was embarrassed! He could not even spit a word to deny it!

“Well, who is this?”

The voice seems familiar in Sebastian’s ears. He turned around and faces the person directly. Valentine was already familiar with this face. “Ah, James. This is Valentine. Say hello, Valentine.”

Valentine had her arms on Sebastian's chest, her cheek resting against his neck. Then she just glanced at him and said as she told, “Hello.”

They all sit on the chair outside the baker’s shop. At the same time that Valentine thought he was weird, Sebastian's expression suddenly darkened. His arms around Valentine tightened. He pulled the small girl up against him until Valentine was sitting on his lap, and Valentine squirmed, but otherwise she did not protest.

He did not like this situation. Why was it hurt to introduce Valentine to his young teacher?

“What a cute girl you have—Valentine,” James praised, “Mind if I borrow her sometime?”

Sebastian suddenly glared. “I am sorry to say that you may not borrow Valentine; she is to be executively mine. To what may I attribute for your visit?"

“So, your father told me that you have the copies of files about your study,” James said, “Gave me the copies, that’s all what I came for.”

He quickly gave him the copies that he put on his handbag and excused himself.

“Hey, why do you run away from him that sudden? It wasn’t appropriate and you know that,” Valentine protested. Valentine supported herself with her arms to sit halfway up, looking at Sebastian curiously. “Why?”

I do not know, he thought. What was he feeling towards Valentine, anyway? Was it lust? Love? Affection? Friendship? This feeling that made his heart tremble, that increased his pulse, that made him long to be near Valentine. What was it? He could not guess what. However, if...

“He likes you, and you also know that. I don’t want anyone to be close to you except me,” he said, could not help to hide his emotion. “I want you to be mine always. I don’t know why, I just...”

Valentine rubbed her eyebrows, avoiding his eyes. “But that means...”

“Yeah, I think so,” Sebastian admitted, he looked like a mess.

“But I’m going to...”

“You don’t have to say that, I know. But I don’t want you to die,” he sighed. The beating of heart against his chest felt painful. “You probably know that it hurts now. I do not know why I have grown to like you so much. But if you just want to stay with me just for the wedding...”

“Wedding?” Valentine asked full of doubt. “I’m going to die, Sebastian. That is a fact that you can’t even date with me! How can you possibly think about marriage?!”

“Because I love you!” That words just coming out from his mouth. Why did he had to choose that unprofitable words? How could he...

Valentine was crying now. Then she said bit by bit, what he did not want to hear, “We can’t... I will die. I was happy when you said 'I don't want you to die'. I was happy when I met you. However, under this circumstances... We just completely can’t do it.”

Sebastian cannot believe what he just heard. She followed the best way under these circumstances. That is how it works.

“So... That’s it?” Sebastian asked, carries her again.

Valentine nodded. “Yeah.”

He seems a bit disappointed, and then he sighed. “Fine, then. Let’s go home. You need to take a bath.”



As soon as they were home, Valentine took one of the towels from his closet and have her way to the bathroom. Sebastian, being so confused of what he must do, tried to convince himself that everything is all right. Then someone touched his shoulder.

“Mr. Sebastian? Could I have the time to speak with you?” He was old and simple, with very soft colored eyes.

Sebastian silently agreed, then brought that man to his backyard. As he sat on the ground he asked, “For what purpose did you stopover me?”

The man smiled. “I heard Valentine is here with you,” he answered. “And it seems that you two getting along so well,” he paused and then repeat an extreme sentence, “Way too well.”

Sebastian almost chocked. He could not believe there is someone who knows she exists. “Who are you?”

“I’m her master,” he grins as she pulls out his identity card.

“The one that keep her as pet,” Sebastian mumbled, full of anger.

He seems a bit annoyed, but he strained himself to keep smiling. “If that’s the way she assumed it, then most likely it was. I just want to make sure that you know the state of affairs.”

“About her death?”

The old man face seems visibly annoyed for a second; before he replied, “Correct.” He paused for some seconds and continued, “Did she tell you that her final day would be tomorrow?”

By this time Sebastian was thinking that the end of the world must be near, he was drown in horror for the image of the dearly loved one pass away in his sight. He was shaking, as he replied, “No.”

“I know she wouldn’t,” the old man stood up. “So that now you know, please do the things you want to do before it is too late.”



By the time, the clock showed 1 am, he was back in his room. Valentine was there with her pajamas on and towel around her neck. Her hair was not dry entirely, and she seems puzzled.

“Hey, Valentine. Not going to sleep already? It’s 1 in the break of day, you know.” Sebastian said, giving much attention more than before.

She grins. “Yeah, it seems so. Just could not help it, my eyes will not shut. Today was a very restless day, wasn’t it?”

At Valentine's words, Sebastian's face flashed uncertainty, but Valentine had her head lowered, so he missed it. His face threatened to turn red, so he turned his head away even more.

“You know... I think being in love wasn’t that bad, after all,” she said with a forced laugh. “You have to get love in life once, and the best part is that you know that the person is always going to be there for the rest of your life. Do you want to have that?”

“If it's with you, I want to get married.”

However, that was such an idiotic thought that Sebastian forced it into the deepest corner of his mind. A person of his position did not have the freedom to follow his heart, neither do Valentine. The death has come too soon than expected. Why did that thought made his heart clench this painfully?

“Oh, Sebastian,” Valentine closed her eyes; “I like you. I really do. Somehow, it really hurts when I am with you. I am happy that I met you, that I am with you, but it really hurts. I wonder why? From when I was little, death is the only way to be happy. But why did I feel this way?”

His heart throbbed even more painfully, and he did not have an answer to that, so Sebastian ignored the question. Nevertheless, he forced his opinion by directly saying, “I love you.”

Something did matter in that sentence. Valentine's eyes opened into small slits. The blue that flashed through almost closed eyelids was relief dull; almost milky in color. When that happens, Sebastian tightly pulled Valentine against him, crushing his lips against Valentine's lips. He kissed her. Moreover, she did not react as he predicted.

“I’m in love too, I guess,” her tears burst out as she covered her face with both of her hands. “I couldn’t help it; I just have to say it. Sorry.”

Sebastian hugs her and let her cry on his shoulder. As she cry he said, “It’s okay not to be okay. Love is not something to hide. Now or later, you’ll know that everything going to be just fine...” He paused for a minute and said, “Will you marry me, Valentine? Tomorrow.”

Valentine took a deep breathe before she asked, “Will everything be alright if I do so?”

“Yeah,” Sebastian said.

She grins as she answered, “Then I will.”



The tomorrow’s preparation was simple. Sebastian had told his father everything he needs to say, and after he understands the situation, he allowed him to get marry.

A very cute dress with daffodil flowers and ribbons had been prepared, and it fits well on Valentine’s body. The tuxedo for Sebastian had been made to match Valentine’s, with a daffodil flower and all with white color.

“We came here to witness this young man and young woman unite together in the bound of marriage. Sebastian Mezuella D. Flourite, do you love this woman and willing to take her as your one and true only until death tear you apart?”

“I do.”

“Valentine Phantomhive, do you love this man and willing to take him as your one and true only until death tear you apart?”

She smiled as she answered, “I do.”

“Then I pronounced you... Husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Sebastian leaned forward and whispered, “I love you.” Then he kissed her lightly on her lips, and then they both smiled.



Past the heavy gates of the Mezuella manor, it was already middle of the summer. In the outside world, the air was heavy and damp, and cicadas' crying sounds filled the air. Everything was a brilliant green.

Valentine brought Sebastian to a place that rumored as the place to grant wishes. She said it was located in the centre of the forest because she had visited it the day she ran away, and she just wanted to see it once more.

After they crossed quite a distance, they encountered fewer and fewer human beings. The forest that seemed so far away grew closer and closer. When they arrived at the edge of the forest, everything seemed so full of life that Valentine could not help smiling happily. The birds crying in a shrill voice to each other between heavy canopies of wide trees were lightened bright green by the strong summer sunlight. Sebastian was pleased that Valentine seemed so happy.

“Are you sure this is the place? It seems scary,” Sebastian said.

She laughed and replied, “Don’t worry. I am here with you, so you will not feel lonely. We will stay here for today, and just for today. No job, no more tears.” Valentine lowered her head slightly and laughed. “I'll save you.”

"I can't do something selfish like that." He tried to convince himself that he could not leave, neither could she. He could not run with Valentine to the place called heaven…

"Isn't it okay to be selfish once in a while…?"

Even if the words exchanged by the two were a little harsh, they were holding hands and were continuously grinning at each other. Sebastian thought that he was having a lot of fun. With the person, he loved the most, he was able to play like a child, catch fish, and make something like a campfire. The rush of freedom made him feel like he would become insane. Even when he was a small child, he did not remember thinking something was 'so much fun'.

When the sun started to set slowly, fireflies started to fly around. Sebastian covered the floor of cave they found with fragrant pine leaves. The fire they made in front of the cave slightly warmed the leaves, so soon the leaves gave off most sweet scent.

When Sebastian lay on the hard floor and was thinking to himself how unsanitary the cave floor was, Valentine ran in and buried her head in Sebastian's chest. He grabbed her hand and they both lied quietly. Her hand was cold.

"Today… was really fun. We lost track of time, huh? If I was alone, I would've been very lonely."

Sebastian watched him with his coal-black eyes, and then he gave Valentine a small smile in return. "Yeah, it was fun. Being with Valentine makes me happy, so I'm glad."

Sebastian was finally making an expression that an 'eighteen years old boy' would make in front of a ‘sixteen years old girl’. That seemed so 'lovable' that Valentine gave him a light kiss on his cheek.

"Wha-!" Sebastian said, blushing. Valentine pressed her cheek against Sebastian's chest, where his heart was thumping rapidly.

“Will this happen if I won’t die? Do you still going to love me if I won’t die so soon?”

Sebastian smiled. “Yeah. I would. And I will love you until the day I die.”

“Forever love, huh?” Valentine giggled.

“Yeah.”

“What’s your wish?” he asked.

“I wish for you to be happy,” she said. “You?”

“The same.”

Valentine tightened her hand around his arm. “I’m will always love you, Sebastian.”

“Me too,” he replied.

Her hands started to produce cold sweat, and she seems in pale and exhausted. “I’m scared,” she mumbled slowly. Nevertheless, he could see the smile in her face. "Good night, Sebastian."

There was a short silence when Sebastian almost drop a tear, then Sebastian softly replied, “Good night, too, Valentine."

He could felt her hands tightened for a while and then she smiled with tears almost burst out from her eye. “Bye.”

Then Sebastian burst into tears and hugs her as her hand started to let go of his hand and fell onto the ground. “Good bye...” he said as he chocked, “Good bye.”

0 comments: